Same Sex Weddings - What to Include
Updated: Feb 23
If you're traditional it's totally okay to skip this one.
We love the idea of same sex couples walking down the aisle together! It shows unity and shouts empowerment! Many couples are into doing a First Look, it's a gives you a moment to connect right before the chaos of each event that follows during your special day. You'll get privacy you want especially if you're extremely private about your emotions.
First Looks are also extremely helpful for you and your photographer. It is a great way to get extra photographs without worrying about running out of time during cocktail hour. This allows you to be more present during your wedding to have the flexibility to roam around more freely and socialize with your guests.
Other ideas are:
- Have your ceremony seats set up as a full unity circle
- Same sex wedding toppers
- Incorporate lines from the Supreme Court ruling for same-sex marriage into your ceremony readings, programs, or signage
- Her and Her speciality drinks or His and His
- Matching bouquets or matching tuxedos
- Wearing colorful cufflinks